Our official USA Weightlifting club is another path to functional fitness. And it’s for everyone. We offer specialized programming designed to help athletes of all levels gain strength and increase proficiency in the Olympic lifts — the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk. The sport of weightlifting has one of the lowest injury rates of any sport and allows all ages to participate. It also provides ideal cross-training to any other sport-specific training program.
While most weightlifting clubs offer their clients a single training program, the flexibility of our facility and the expert training of our coaches allows our weightlifting club to offer multiple programs to a diverse client base — from youth to competition level and even master (age > 35) athletes. One size does not fit all and we believe our ability to offer customized training programs is what makes us special. And above all, our club is for everyone at any level of fitness.
The benefits of weightlifting include:
- Time efficient training with multi-joint functional movements for all muscle groups
- Full body development in multiple aspects with high power output workouts
- Improved kinesthetic awareness, coordination, strength, core stability, and flexibility
Brute Squad training sessions include slow motion video analysis of lifting form from our experienced and USA Weightlifting certified coaches and LWC referees. Classes are 90 minutes long to accommodate for ample strength training, technique drills, accessory work, corrective exercise, and mobility.
Follow the Black Box Fitness Brute Squad on Instagram!
Congratulations to the following Brute Squad lifters who currently hold New Mexico state records!
- Marcus Williams – Youth Boys, age 16-17, 69 kg weight class – 65 kg snatch, 88 kg clean & jerk, 153 total / 77 kg weight class – 90 kg clean & jerk, 155 total
- Nate Combs – Youth Boys age 16-17, 105+ kg weight class – 45 kg snatch, 55 kg clean & jerk, 100 kg total
- Jessica Gianardi – Senior Women, 53 kg weight class – 82 kg clean & jerk
- Christina Munoz – Masters Women, age 35-39, 58 kg weight class – 47 kg snatch, 65 kg clean & jerk, 112 kg total
- Charles Choi – Masters Men, age 45-49, 77 kg weight class – 108 kg clean & jerk, 186 total
- Chris Grant – Masters Women, age 50-54, 75 kg weight class – 30 kg snatch, 45 kg clean & jerk, 75 kg total
- Kim Granzow – Masters Women, age 60-64, 58 kg weight class – 29 kg snatch, 35 kg clean & jerk, 64 kg total